[R-pkg-devel] DOI for archived package?

Thierry Onkelinx th|erry@onke||nx @end|ng |rom |nbo@be
Thu Sep 10 18:25:31 CEST 2020

Dear Kevin,

My git2rdata package is on CRAN, ROpenSci and Zenodo. The GitHub repo is
linked to Zenodo, so every release on GitHub gets its own DOI.

The benefit of the DOI is that it makes it easier for others to cite your
package in a consistent manner. And you'll get a better overview of those
citations.

So I won't waste time arguing over this and use that time to put it on
Zenodo.

Best regards,

PS Zenodo is well funded (https://about.zenodo.org/infrastructure/) and
IMHO equally likely to be permanent as CRAN is.

ir. Thierry Onkelinx
Statisticus / Statistician

Vlaamse Overheid / Government of Flanders
INSTITUUT VOOR NATUUR- EN BOSONDERZOEK / RESEARCH INSTITUTE FOR NATURE AND
FOREST
Team Biometrie & Kwaliteitszorg / Team Biometrics & Quality Assurance
thierry.onkelinx using inbo.be
Havenlaan 88 bus 73, 1000 Brussel
www.inbo.be

~ John Tukey