[R-pkg-devel] R CMD check "unable to verify current time"

John Fox j|ox @end|ng |rom mcm@@ter@c@
Thu Aug 27 19:23:36 CEST 2020

Dear r-package-devel list members,

I got the following note when checking two different packages today
--as-cran, both under R 4.0.2 and under R-devel, on my Windows 10 and
macOS Catalina systems, and on several platforms on rhub:

	* checking for future file timestamps ... NOTE
unable to verify current time

I'm writing to inquire about the note because no one else has mentioned
this problem recently, in case it's produced by something that I'm
doing. There is a discussion of a similar problem from 2019 at
<https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-package-devel/2019q1/003577.html>.

Both packages that I was checking are close to CRAN releases and so I'd
like to know whether I can disregard the note.

Any help would be appreciated.

John

--
John Fox, Professor Emeritus