[R-pkg-devel] need help to identify ff error on r-oldrel-macos-x86_64

Dr. Jens Oehlschlägel jen@@oeh|@ch|@ege| @end|ng |rom truec|u@ter@com
Mon Aug 24 22:29:54 CEST 2020

Dear Mac users,

Can someone of you identify the cause of the problem in

https://www.r-project.org/nosvn/R.check/r-oldrel-macos-x86_64/ff-00check.html

I can't because I don't have access to a Mac.

It seems that gc() after rm(ffobject) does not remove the ff file in rows

(@test-zero_lengths.R#34)
(@test-zero_lengths.R#35)
(@test-zero_lengths.R#63)
(@test-zero_lengths.R#64)

so maybe the finalizer is not triggered? Does delete(ffobject) work?

Kind regards

Jens