[R-pkg-devel] Error in CHECK caused by dev.off()

William Dunlap wdun|@p @end|ng |rom t|bco@com
Thu Jul 23 23:55:45 CEST 2020

R-4.0 introduced a new function, tools::R_user_dir(package, which),
where which is one of "data", "config", and "cache".  It gives
standard directory names in which to place package-and-user-specific
files which you want to last longer than one R session.

I suppose you will still have to ask the user if it is ok to use those
directories, but you might want to put your log files in one of them
instead of in ~/ itself.

Bill Dunlap
TIBCO Software
wdunlap tibco.com