[R-pkg-devel] Failing rhub::check_for_cran() because of data.table

Chuck Powell |bec@v @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon Jul 13 20:53:16 CEST 2020

Hi,

My first posting.  Apologies in advance if I misspeak or am asking a dumb
question.

I maintain a small package on CRAN
https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/CGPfunctions/index.html

Source is on Github here https://github.com/ibecav/CGPfunctions/

Recently received note I needed to fix my package because of changes to
broom.  Corrections made and everything passes locally.

When I submit to rhub::check_for_cran() however it creates an error in the
development branch
*Build ID:* CGPfunctions_0.6.2.tar.gz-3e48a7f97fa04b64924552dc50b43fd2

with:

#> Error in loadNamespace(j <- i[[1L]], c(lib.loc, .libPaths()),
versionCheck = vI[[j]]) :

1181
<https://builder.r-hub.io/status/CGPfunctions_0.6.2.tar.gz-3e48a7f97fa04b64924552dc50b43fd2#L1181>#>
Calls: ... loadNamespace -> withRestarts -> withOneRestart ->
doWithOneRestart

1182
<https://builder.r-hub.io/status/CGPfunctions_0.6.2.tar.gz-3e48a7f97fa04b64924552dc50b43fd2#L1182>#>
Execution halted

1183
<https://builder.r-hub.io/status/CGPfunctions_0.6.2.tar.gz-3e48a7f97fa04b64924552dc50b43fd2#L1183>#>
there is no package called 'data.table'

1184
<https://builder.r-hub.io/status/CGPfunctions_0.6.2.tar.gz-3e48a7f97fa04b64924552dc50b43fd2#L1184>#>
ERROR: lazy loading failed for package 'CGPfunctions'

1185
<https://builder.r-hub.io/status/CGPfunctions_0.6.2.tar.gz-3e48a7f97fa04b64924552dc50b43fd2#L1185>#>
* removing 'C:/Users/USERDFJOuzrklm/R/CGPfunctions'

Looking at data.table on CRAN I see there is no windows binary
Windows binaries: r-devel: not available
<https://cran.r-project.org/bin/windows/contrib/4.1/ReadMe>,

I don't use any data.table functions, I don't import it, or suggest it or
enhance it it's being pulled in through some dependency in car and/or broom.

Am I okay to submit to CRAN?  Is there a setting I can change?
Obviously data.table exists despite what Rhub is reporting.

Thank you hopefully that is a clear enough description.

Chuck