[R-pkg-devel] Problem with test data folder. R package develpoment

Sun Jun 14 15:14:24 CEST 2020

On 14/06/2020 4:55 a.m., Subhadip Datta wrote:
> I attached my test data in inst/data but why this warning is showing.
>   "Found the following non-empty subdirectories of 'inst' also used by R:
>      inst/data
>    It is recommended not to interfere with package subdirectories used by
>    R."
> This is not a problem from my side.  It used the data from that
> directory but showed an error for the folder.

What the message means is that the "data" folder has special meaning in
R (it's where the data() function finds data), so you should use a
different name for your own folder.  Or if you want stuff installed in
data after the package is installed, just put it there in the source,
not in inst/data:  and follow the rules for that folder from Writing R
Extensions.