[R-pkg-devel] Problem with test data folder. R package develpoment

Sun Jun 14 14:44:37 CEST 2020

Use a different name than "data" such as "rawdata" within "inst" to put files that your code refers to using the system.name() function. The directory name "data" is used for a specific purpose as described in the Writing R Extensions manual [1], and if you want to put files in that directory following those special requirements then they must be in the top level "data" directory.

[1] https://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/r-release/R-exts.html#Data-in-packages