[R-pkg-devel] email misleading: checking CRAN incoming feasibility ... NOTE Maintainer

Gábor Csárdi c@@rd|@g@bor @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon Jun 8 17:02:15 CEST 2020

On Mon, Jun 8, 2020 at 3:58 PM Uwe Ligges
<ligges using statistik.tu-dortmund.de> wrote:
[...]
> Nor do I how they can find out, as our idea is that CRAN cannot be
> special cased.
> If you want to run additional tests, you can execute them if some env
> var is set that you define on machines where you want to run the
> additional tests.
[...]

That is exactly how testthat::skip_on_cran() works. If you set
`NOT_CRAN="true"` then the test runs. And to make it more helpful,
Travis, GitHub Actions, etc. automatically set it.

Gabor