[R-pkg-devel] Including fonts in an rmarkdown vignette

David Hugh-Jones d@v|dhughjone@ @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Tue Jun 2 20:13:33 CEST 2020

Hi,

I'd like to build a rmarkdown vignette with my own choice of fonts – I'm
pernickety about look and feel.

R CMD check will rebuild vignettes in the vignettes/ directory, and if
relevant fonts aren't on the build machine, it'll give a warning.

Here are the options I can think of:
* build vignettes on my machine and put them in inst/doc. Don't mention the
specific fonts in the Rmd file in vignettes/. So the file built by "R CMD
check" won't look quite like the pre-built version.  This might work, but
it seems against open source principle.
* put font files in vignettes/ and refer to them in the rmarkdown file. I'm
not sure how to do this.
* limit myself to the fonts preinstalled on win-builder or CRAN machines.
I'm not sure what these are

Has anyone got any advice or examples?

Cheers,
David