[R-pkg-devel] [R] a question of etiquette

Adelchi Azzalini @zz@||n| @end|ng |rom @t@t@un|pd@|t
Tue Jun 2 09:08:03 CEST 2020

The point in question does not refer to copying code, but to code translation.
Does this make any difference?
This was the question which I raised.

The phrase "As the code is part of the package now," does not seem to apply in this case,
since the code is actually not there.

Also, if the authors of the original code (in Matlab) must be included in the Authors using R
block of the DESCRIPTION file, should they be labelled as "aut", "cbt", or what?

Apart from the specific instance  which my earlier question was referring to,
the view "As the code is part of the package now, therese are of course now also copyright
holders and authors of your package" opens another question, closely related but different,
as it refers to code which is included, not translated.
The above-quoted sentence appears to say that anyone who has written any
portion of code is an author of the package. In this view, who must be labelled "cbt" then?

Best regards

Adelchi