[R-pkg-devel] Workflow for Javascript in package?

Mon Jun 1 13:44:33 CEST 2020

The rgl package includes a large amount of Javascript source to handle
the display of output in browsers using rglwidget().  Currently this is
mostly in one big file (inst/htmlwidgets/lib/rglClass/rglClass.src.js),
but I'd like to make some improvements:

  - splitting it into separate files with related functions
  - automatically "compiling" it into a single file stripped of white
space and comments, for faster loading.

Unfortunately, I have no other experience writing a Javascript library,
so I really don't know what I'm doing.  Can anyone point me to other R
packages containing htmlwidgets that do this "properly", or point to
instructions for the standard workflow for Javascript library
development outside of R that I could adapt?