[R-pkg-devel] Help Debugging Debian Error

Paul Hibbing p@u|h|bb|ng @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Sat May 16 07:47:54 CEST 2020

Thanks for the tips. It appears the error is indeed related to the
matchingMarkets package, but specifically an issue with rJava
configuration. Now I get the following (see
https://artifacts.r-hub.io/PAutilities_1.0.0.tar.gz-54a555386e924de6a53385479a1e199f/PAutilities.Rcheck/00check.log
):

VALIDATE...PREFS...MATCHES [*ignore this -- these are updates I printed
myself to pinpoint matchingMarkets as the culprit*]
WARNING: Initial Java 12 release has broken JNI support and does NOT work.
Use stable Java 11 (or watch for 12u if avaiable).
ERROR: Java exception occurred during rJava bootstrap - see stderr for Java
stack trace. Exception in thread "main"

* Is there a specification I can provide to get around this?

* Since the current CRAN version of my package depends on a recently
orphaned package, I am due to provide a new release by the 17th (per an
email from Prof. Brian Ripley). Is this a hard deadline, or can/should I
notify someone and/or request an extension? To complicate matters, I have a
publication coming out imminently, in which my package plays a central
role. So it's important that I avoid any lapse in its availability.

Paul