[R-pkg-devel] Help Debugging Debian Error

Paul Hibbing p@u|h|bb|ng @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Thu May 14 17:36:05 CEST 2020

Hi all,

At some point (I believe within the last week or so), my package
`PAutilities` has developed the following error for
r-devel-linux-x86_64-debian-gcc:

* checking tests ... [3s/3s] ERROR
  Running ‘testthat.R’ [3s/3s]
Running the tests in ‘tests/testthat.R’ failed.
Complete output:
  > library(testthat)
  > library(PAutilities)
  package 'PAutilities' was built under R version 3.5.0

  > test_check("PAutilities")

I get the same error using `rhub::check_on_debian`, but not
`rhub::check(platform = "debian-gcc-devel")`.

So far, my best guesses have been that issues were caused by either a
dependency problem (particularly the `matchingMarkets` package, which
has given me trouble in the past), or with the major increment in R
itself. But so far neither of those ideas have yielded much fruit. Any
other ideas, considerations, or things I should be aware of? I'm
working on installing a virtual machine to see about some manual
debugging, but I would love some guidance in the meantime.

Best,
Paul Hibbing