[R-pkg-devel] CRAN-Policies

Thu Apr 23 20:51:44 CEST 2020

On 23/04/2020 2:34 p.m., Peter Meissner wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
>
> some weeks back I already wrote to CRAN but got no response. So, I post my
> question here seeking for advice.
>
> I am trying to publish a package to CRAN. I got rejected once with some
> minor change requests. I implemented them and submitted again. This time I
> got a whole array of change requests.
>
> The problem is, I am confused since none of the requests is mentioned
> anywhere in CRAN policies. So, are those mere suggestions? Are these common
> policy now? Has everyone to implement them? How should I proceed?

I'd say that the changes being requested are all things stated in the
Writing R Extensions manual, so this falls under the blanket statement
in the policy that "CRAN hosts packages of publication quality and is
not a development platform."

> (In general, I have no problem with complying with CRAN policies, but I am
> not sure if these are actually common requirements now or not.)

I'd guess the requests will vary depending on who the reviewer is and
what their mood is, but if you ignore their requests, you're not going
to put them in a better mood.

Duncan Murdoch