[R-pkg-devel] Warning R-hub Windows Server 2008 : qpdf needed

Daniel Nüst d@n|e|@nue@t @end|ng |rom un|-muen@ter@de
Wed Apr 22 18:55:29 CEST 2020

Hi Paul,

On 22.04.20 18:44, Paul SAVARY wrote:
> I'm having trouble checking a package (graph4lg).
>
> With devtools::check_rhub(), I obtain a warning message on Windows Server 2008
>
> *checking data fro ASCII and uncompressed saves ... OK
> WARNING
> 'qpdf' is needed for checks on size reduction of PDFs
>
> I checked that qpdf is intalled. It is, because I have Rtools.
> Rtools is in my environment path

The function actually submits your package to the R-hub builder, see
?devtools::check_rhub so you having qpdf installed locally does not help.

Looking at the r-hub/wincheck repository, I found this documentation
file that qpdf is currently not available yet:
https://github.com/r-hub/wincheck/blob/master/Extra.md

So you probably have to live with this warning.

Hope this helps!

/Daniel

> That's the first time I obtain this message, although I checked my package several times on Rhub.
> I do not obtain similar messages with other checking platforms.
>
> I thank you in advance
> Regards
> Paul Savary
>

> 	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]

Daniel Nüst
Institute for Geoinformatics (ifgi),   University of Münster
Heisenbergstraße 2, 48149 Münster, Germany; +49 251 83 31962
https://nuest.staff.ifgi.de | @nordholmen | https://o2r.info