[R-pkg-devel] Error vignette rebuilding and package imports when re-submitting package

Fernando Roa |ro@o @end|ng |rom un@|@edu@co
Thu Apr 16 13:37:44 CEST 2020

Related thread:
https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-package-devel/2020q2/005300.html
best,

On Wed, Apr 15, 2020 at 9:13 AM Paul SAVARY <paul.savary using univ-fcomte.fr>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm having trouble re-submitting a package (graph4lg).
>
> - With r-patched_osx, vignette rebuilding fails with the following message
> :
>
> checking re-building of vignette outputs ... [12s/16s] WARNING
> Error(s) in re-building vignettes:
> --- re-building ‘vignette_graph4lg.Rmd’ using rmarkdown
> dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found: ____chkstk_darwin
> Referenced from: /usr/local/bin/pandoc (which was built for Mac OS X
> 10.15)
> Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
>
> dyld: Symbol not found: ____chkstk_darwin
> Referenced from: /usr/local/bin/pandoc (which was built for Mac OS X
> 10.15)
> Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
>
> Error: processing vignette 'vignette_graph4lg.Rmd' failed with
> diagnostics:
> pandoc document conversion failed with error 6
> --- failed re-building ‘vignette_graph4lg.Rmd’
>
> SUMMARY: processing the following file failed:
> ‘vignette_graph4lg.Rmd’
>
> Error: Vignette re-building failed.
> Execution halted
>
> - Besides, although I removed some unused packages from the imports in
> DESCRIPTION file, I still obtain this message :
>
> checking dependencies in R code ... NOTE
> Namespaces in Imports field not imported from:
> ‘Imap’ ‘Rdpack’ ‘ade4’ ‘doBy’ ‘mclust’
> All declared Imports should be used.
>
> Except Rdpack which is needed to build the vignette, I removed these
> packages.
>
> Finally, although I submit version 0.4.0, I receive checking errors
> relative to version 0.3.0.
>
> I thank you in advance for your feedbacks.
> Regards
> Paul Savary

Fernando Roa