[R-pkg-devel] Failing incoming tests on 'stringsAsFactors = TRUE'

Tue Mar 31 03:07:50 CEST 2020

The warning about stringsAsFactors is very new; I don't think it's even
mentioned in the NEWS, though the help ?data.frame mentions it.

So I suspect either the Windows build happened in the middle of
committing code to implement the warning, and it wasn't all tested yet,
or some package you depend on sets options(stringsAsFactors = TRUE).
I'd try submitting your package to Win-builder R-devel and see if it
still finds that issue.

(Instructions are here:  https://win-builder.r-project.org/).

Duncan Murdoch