[R-pkg-devel] Help with Error Messages

Brian G. Peterson br|@n @end|ng |rom br@verock@com
Mon Mar 30 16:26:53 CEST 2020

On Mon, 2020-03-30 at 10:18 -0400, Kelsey Chetnik wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am submitting a package to CRAN for the first time and I am not
> sure what
> the following error means and how to solve it:
> https://win-builder.r-project.org/incoming_pretest/MetaClean_0.1.0_20200330_150936/Windows/00install.out
>
> Could someone please help me with this?

The link will go away, so here is the error:

** byte-compile and prepare package for lazy loading
Error: .onLoad failed in loadNamespace() for 'S4Vectors', details:
  call: validObject(.Object)
  error: invalid class "LLint" object: superclass "integer_OR_LLint"
not defined in the environment of the object's class
Execution halted
ERROR: lazy loading failed for package 'MetaClean'

Does your package compile and run locally?

Is the 'S4Vectors' package properly listed in 'Imports' ?

This error might be related to S4Vectors, and unrelated to you
directly.  Check on other Winbuilder architectures, R-Hub, etc, and see
if the error is replicated there.

Regards,

Brian