[R-pkg-devel] check --as-cran error on Rd file

Charles Geyer ch@r||e @end|ng |rom @t@t@umn@edu
Fri Mar 13 18:49:24 CET 2020

Sorry for the late reply.  I am getting ready to have courses on-line only.

Executive summary.  Problem fixed, solution at bottom after some
wandering around.

sped.Rcheck/00install.out says (among other blather, no warnings or errors)

byte-compile and prepare package for lazy loading

so that doesn't appear to be the issue.   Moreover changing
"data(alberta)" in the example on the help page to just "alberta" (no
"data") does not make the error go away.  Moreover, when I run the
package installed by R CMD check I get no errors

blurfle$ ~/local/devel/bin/R --vanilla

R Under development (unstable) (2020-03-10 r77920) -- "Unsuffered Consequences"
Copyright (C) 2020 The R Foundation for Statistical Computing
Platform: x86_64-pc-linux-gnu (64-bit)

  Natural language support but running in an English locale

Type 'q()' to quit R.

> library(sped, lib.loc = "sped.Rcheck")
> data(alberta)
> head(alberta)
     ind pa  ma
[1,]  58 11  12
[2,] 100 39  40
[3,] 101 39  40
[4,] 103 39  40
[5,] 107 39 100
[6,] 113 17  18

Oh.  I see.  I need to change "alberta" (with no "data") to
"data(alberta)" in the usage section and in the examples section.
Then the problem goes away.

Thanks for the help.

--
Charles Geyer