[R-pkg-devel] Winbuilder queues jammed again?

Rolf Turner r@turner @end|ng |rom @uck|@nd@@c@nz
Thu Mar 5 22:34:44 CET 2020

Sorry to be a pest, but I submitted a package to winbuilder more than 24
hours ago, and nothing has come back to me.  For a while (a few days
ago) I was getting about a 20 minute turnaround.

One gets dependant on facilities such as winbuilder and gets frustrated
when they don't perform quite as expected.

I know this sounds demanding (in respect of a free service that is
provided entirely due to Uwe's good graces), but, said he plaintively,
is there any way that some sort of indication of the expected wait time
could be made available?  Or an indication of the length of the queue,
or something like that?

Even an indication that one's submission is still in the queue and
hasn't disappeared into a black hole in cyberspace, would be reassuring.

Apropos of the latter --- I say that I submitted a package, but in my
state of advanced senility I can't be sure.  Maybe I just *intended* to,
but then forgot, or messed up the submission procedure, or buggered
something else up.  There seems to be no way to check that I really did
make a submission.  Such a facility would be, uh, nice.  Said he,
plaintively.

cheers,

Rolf Turner

--