[R-pkg-devel] Unable to reproduce reported problems. Docker image?

Borini, Stefano @te|@no@bor|n| @end|ng |rom @@tr@zenec@@com
Fri Jan 31 16:43:58 CET 2020

I think (but I am not sure) that I narrowed down the issue to a stochastic process that has no seed defined. Unfortunately it's not my package so I have to do mostly guesswork on this regard.
What has surprised me though, is that I managed to get exact same results on three different platforms (linux, mac, windows) and three different versions (3.4, 3.5.3, and development), but the only platform that shows the variation is the CRAN one. Only when I added a single throwaway sample() call I got the same behaviour on my machines.

Thank you for your help.