[R-pkg-devel] need help addressing future timestamp error

Merlise Clyde, Ph.D. c|yde @end|ng |rom duke@edu
Thu Jan 23 22:17:38 CET 2020

I am checking my package for Solaris via rhub and this week have encountered the following error:  "This system is set to the wrong time: please fix".  The output suggests that the time is off by 1 hour.  This occurs only on Solaris, but I am not sure if that is because that is the only platform checking timestamps and it is a problem in my setup -or- it is problem with the rhub configuration.

I have tried setting my MAC to use UTC timezone, but still encounter the error. I am also encountering this when building the package under fedora and submitting via rhub.
(source code is at https://github.com/merliseclyde/BAS)

Any suggestions ?   The error seems to stop the build, so I cannot verify if the other parts of the check (testthat output in particular) are successful, which are needed for the CRAN submission.

Thanks in advance - Merlise

Build ID:       BAS_1.5.5.tar.gz-44c32b29bc7a4127be3adfc60c81e330
Platform:       Oracle Solaris 10, x86, 32 bit, R-patched (experimental)
Submitted:      16 minutes 55 seconds ago
Build time:     16 minutes 54.1 seconds
ERRORS:

* checking for future file timestamps ... ERROR
This system is set to the wrong time: please correct
   system: 2020-01-23 21:14 (UTC)
  correct: 2020-01-23 20:14 (UTC)

Merlise A Clyde
Professor Department of Statistical Science
Duke University
http://stat.duke.edu/~clyde

clyde using duke.edu<mailto:clyde using duke.edu>
919 681 8440