[R-pkg-devel] [EXTERNAL] Re: Checkpoint package failing CRAN checks

Hong Ooi hongoo| @end|ng |rom m|cro@o|t@com
Mon Jan 13 11:44:35 CET 2020

Good catch, Ivan! Fixing that seems to have done the trick. Thanks!

The question now is why checkpoint hasn't crashed and burned prior to this, but I'll leave that for another day....

-----Original Message-----
From: Ivan Krylov <krylov.r00t using gmail.com>
Sent: Friday, 10 January 2020 8:18 PM
To: Hong Ooi via R-package-devel <r-package-devel using r-project.org>
Cc: Hong Ooi <hongooi using microsoft.com>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [R-pkg-devel] Checkpoint package failing CRAN checks

I wonder why does vignettes/checkpoint.Rmd run the following:

> example_project <- tempdir()

Now example_project contains the path of per-session temporary
directory...

> dir.create(example_project, recursive = TRUE, showWarnings = FALSE)

...so there should be no need to create it...

> unlink(example_project, recursive = TRUE)

And deleting it is might be the cause of the problems: rmarkdown
probably uses the same temporary directory to store its own files.

Perhaps example_project should be something like tempfile(project)
instead of just tempdir()? Then dir.create() and unlink() calls start
making sense.

--
Best regards,
Ivan