[R-pkg-devel] Possible unknown color in r

Joris Meys Jor|@@Mey@ @end|ng |rom UGent@be
Fri Jan 10 13:23:11 CET 2020

Hi Tiago,

Without knowing which package you're talking about or a link to the check results, it's impossible to know whether that warning is a proper one or a side effect of something else.

In general though: it is well known that relying on devtools is not enough for a good CRAN submission. The guidelines for CRAN clearly state :

"Please ensure that R CMD check --as-cran has been run on the tarball to be uploaded before submission. This should be done with the current version of R-devel (or if that is not possible and explained in the submission, current R-patched or the current release of R.)"

So before submitting a package to CRAN and after running your devtools:: check_etc, open a terminal and run the following commands:

R CMD build path_to_pkg_folder
R CMD check --as-cran package_version.tar.gz

The --as-cran is important, as is doing so against a R-devel. I use devtools myself extensively, but these checks have to be done outside the RStudio ecosystem to be sure.

Kind regards
Joris

--
Joris Meys
Statistical consultant

Department of Data Analysis and Mathematical Modelling
Ghent University
Coupure Links 653, B-9000 Gent (Belgium)