[R-pkg-devel] Problem with package using reticulate (and Config in DESCRIPTION)

Mikkel Meyer Andersen m|k| @end|ng |rom m@th@@@u@dk
Thu Jan 9 18:20:18 CET 2020

Hello,

I have submitted a package (source at https://github.com/r-cas/caracas)
depending on reticulate to CRAN and it failed:

package caracas_0.0.1.tar.gz does not pass the incoming checks
automatically, please see the following pre-tests:
Windows: <
https://win-builder.r-project.org/incoming_pretest/caracas_0.0.1_20200108_193959/Windows/00check.log

Debian: <
https://win-builder.r-project.org/incoming_pretest/caracas_0.0.1_20200108_193959/Debian/00check.log

More details are given in the directory:
<
https://win-builder.r-project.org/incoming_pretest/caracas_0.0.1_20200108_193959/

As far as I can read, the NOTE's and WARNING's are related to these:

/usr/bin/python: No module named pip

error: could not find a Python environment for /usr/bin/python

Warning: cannot find svn location for rst2pdf===0.93.dev-r0
You are using pip version 9.0.1, however version 19.3.1 is available.
You should consider upgrading via the 'python -m pip install --upgrade
pip' command.

Can anybody see what the error in my package code is?

Cheers,
Mikkel.