[R-pkg-devel] Significant warnings during package checks

Wed Jan 8 15:37:54 CET 2020

On 08/01/2020 7:48 a.m., MONSUUR OLAWALE via R-package-devel wrote:
> Hi R-package-devel team,
>
> I submitted my package on CRAN and below errors and warnings seemed to have appeared in the during the automatic check but that did not actually appear when I compile. Any suggestions on how this problem could be resolved?
>
>    *   checking whether package BASiNET can be installed … [6s/5s] WARNING
> Found the following significant warnings:
> Warning: 'rgl_init' failed, running with rgl.useNULL = TRUE
>
>    *   Warning in rgl.init(initValue, onlyNULL) :
> RGL: unable to open X11 display
> Warning: 'rgl_init' failed, running with rgl.useNULL = TRUE

It appears that you are trying to open an rgl display.  This will happen
automatically if you load rgl without first specifying that you don't
need a display. (You do that by setting option(rgl.useNULL = TRUE).

What sort of dependency on rgl does your package have?