[R-pkg-devel] r2sundials submission failure

Serguei Sokol @ergue|@@oko| @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon Dec 16 15:20:17 CET 2019

Hi Satya,

Le 16/12/2019 à 14:52, Satyaprakash Nayak a écrit :
> Hi Serguei
>
> I apply a similar approach to include the Sundials source code as a part
> of my package (sundialr, on CRAN) which provides an interface for Cvode
> and Cvodes. I didn’t have an issue with the files sizes while submitting
> to CRAN
Good to hear :)

> and you can take a look to see if the code would be helpful to you.
>
> https://github.com/sn248/sundialr
I see that you include v4.0.1 of sundials while I included a more recent
release 5.0.0:
https://github.com/sgsokol/r2sundials

But I think, in the end, the library size must be close to each other.

> Although, it would be great if sundials is installed on CRAN machines
> and static libraries for Windows are provided in rtools 4.0
It could be a good thing in general but the end user on other platforms
will have to install it anyway. Moreover, I see you kept the default
size for index type:

SUNDIALS_INDEX_TYPE int64_t

while I defined it to int32_t.
It shows that it's hard to satisfy all the tastes in the wild with only
one library distrubution ;)

Best,
Serguei.