[R-pkg-devel] r2sundials submission failure

Serguei Sokol @ergue|@@oko| @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon Dec 16 09:54:10 CET 2019

Le 15/12/2019 à 17:59, Uwe Ligges a écrit :
> Have you tried to write to CRAN using ... and ask if thirs party software can
> be installed on CRAN?
No, I didn't. I presumed that CRAN team had other things to do than to
install any soft that package authors could need. But if this is an
option, I will try this approach next time. For this one, I integrated a
subset of sundials soft in the package and it turned out to be far less
then 20 MB (which is the size I had on my system for the whole set of
cvodes library and its dependencies). The tarball is only 270 KB and
compiled libraries on some systems can be up to 7 MB and far less on
others (e.g. on my linux, compiled without "-g" flag, the whole size of
$RHOME/library/r2sundial is under 2 MB). Just now, it is pending a
manual inspection. I hope that library size will not be a problem.

Anyway, I appreciate the hint. Thanks.
Best,
Serguei.