[R-pkg-devel] check_win_release cannot find tidyr and other common packages?

Alberto Garre g@rre@@|berto @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Sun Dec 1 12:29:10 CET 2019

Hi!

I am preparing an R package to be uploaded to CRAN. I have already checked
using rhub and every check passed. I have also checked using winbuilder for
the release version of R (devtools:check_win_release) and there were no
ERRORs or WARNINGs. However, for the devel version
(devtools:check_win_devel) I got the following error:

checking package dependencies ... ERROR
Packages required but not available:
  'tidyr', 'googlesheets', 'stringr', 'readtext'

Package suggested but not available for checking: 'knitr'

VignetteBuilder package required for checking but not installed: 'knitr'

See section 'The DESCRIPTION file' in the 'Writing R Extensions'
manual.

I would really appreciate some help to figure out what's going on. This is
the relevant part of my DESCRIPTION file:

Imports:
    XML (>= 3.98),
    purrr (>= 0.2.4),
    dplyr (>= 0.7.8),