[R-pkg-devel] bioRxiv Preprint as Vignette

Sat Nov 30 21:24:04 CET 2019

On 30 November 2019 at 19:55, Charith Karunarathna wrote:
| I am just wondering about how I can include a bioRxiv preprint as the vignette of my R package. It's a pdf file already in bioRxiv. Could you please let me know how I can include that file as vignette?

Sure. "Just do it" -- in the sense that you can create five-line Sweave
vignette wrappers around existing pdf files.  See

  https://www.markvanderloo.eu/yaRb/2019/01/11/add-a-static-pdf-vignette-to-an-r-package/

I do the same now in a number of packages, for example my anytime repo

  https://github.com/eddelbuettel/anytime/tree/master/vignettes

Dirk