[R-pkg-devel] bioRxiv Preprint as Vignette

Henrik Bengtsson henr|k@bengt@@on @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Sat Nov 30 21:18:50 CET 2019

Disclaimer, I'm the author: You can include a static PDF using the
R.rsp::asis vignette engine:

  https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/R.rsp/vignettes/R_packages-Static_PDF_and_HTML_vignettes.pdf

Better is if you've got the LaTeX source (with figures etc.), then use
the R.rsp::tex vignette engine:

  https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/R.rsp/vignettes/R_packages-LaTeX_vignettes.pdf

/Henrik

PS. On a side, should LaTeX-to-PDF (as in R.rsp::tex) be part of base
R?  That seems non-controversial to me.  In contrast, including static
PDFs and HTMLs requires a debate whether this is a good thing or not,
e.g. the risk of decoupling/losing the original source artifact and
it's only the final PDF/HTML artifact that is archived on CRAN.