[R-pkg-devel] how to change from -fsanitize=undefined to -fsanitize=address

Youyi Fong youy||ong @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Fri Nov 29 17:58:03 CET 2019

Hello, I would like to reproduce this error locally:
https://www.stats.ox.ac.uk/pub/bdr/memtests/clang-ASAN/chngpt/00check.log

I followed the tutorial at http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com/code/sanitizers.html,
but what happened to me was not
g++-4.9 -fsanitize=address -I/usr/local/lib/R/include -DNDEBUG
 -I/usr/local/include    -fpic  -pipe -Wall -pedantic -O3  -c
heap_address.cpp -o heap_address.o
but
g++-4.9 -fsanitize=undefined -I/usr/local/lib/R/include -DNDEBUG
 -I/usr/local/include    -fpic  -pipe -Wall -pedantic -O3  -c
heap_address.cpp -o heap_address.o

And when I test my package, chngpt, I was not able to reproduce the
error on CRAN. I am guessing that if change the compiler option from
-fsanitize=undefined to -fsanitize=address, I might be able to reproduce
the error. My question is how. Thanks!

Youyi Fong