[R-pkg-devel] R CMD check: Titles in README

Wed Nov 27 22:33:02 CET 2019

  Maybe already obvious to you, but this seems to be coming from pandoc,
not from R machinery.  There are a few extra lines in the log that seem
to be relevant ...

[WARNING] This document format requires a nonempty <title> element.
  Defaulting to ‘README’ as the title.
  To specify a title, use ‘title’ in metadata or --metadata title="...".
pandoc: Stack space overflow: current size 33624 bytes.
pandoc: Use `+RTS -Ksize -RTS' to increase it.

  I think you'd have to figure out what's happened to the pandoc
version/configuration in the most recent Debian setup on CRAN ... I
don't know if there's a canonical place (or anywhere, for that matter)
where one can find a complete list of library/tool versions for the
various platforms on CRAN ...

  cheers
   Ben Bolker