[R-pkg-devel] Using FORTRAN libraries and compiler options

Erin Hodgess er|nm@hodge@@ @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon Nov 11 17:49:44 CET 2019

Hello!

Have you tried compiling with the -lblas -llapack options, please?  Then
you can use the appropriate subroutine.

Thanks,
Erin

On Mon, Nov 11, 2019 at 9:40 AM Rampal S. Etienne <rampaletienne using gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am using FORTRAN code with the deSolve package. However, the code
> still runs slowly. Googling tells me that there are two options to speed
> up my code:
>
> 1. Compile with option -O3
>
> 2. Use the library dgemm.
>
> I understand that this can be set in makevars. However, as I have
> limited experience with FORTRAN (never loaded libraries or set compiling
> options), I was wondering whether anyone can give me a hint on how to
> set this. I have just a single FORTRAN file (with multiple subroutines).
>
> Cheers, Rampal

Erin Hodgess, PhD
mailto: erinm.hodgess using gmail.com