[R-pkg-devel] two functions with the same name when importing

Bernd.Gruber Bernd@Gruber @end|ng |rom c@nberr@@edu@@u
Thu Nov 7 00:50:42 CET 2019

Hi,

I have a problem regarding the name of two functions and I know the "correct" way is to use importFrom to make sure only specified functions are imported. But my problem is that my package really depends on another package
adegenet as I basically use 90% of the say >100 functions.

So when I import all of adegenet I get:

2: replacing previous import 'adegenet::plot' by 'graphics::plot' when loading 'dartR'

So in essence I think adegenet is importing a plot function which collides with the basic plot function. Is there anything I can do, without going through 100 functions and using importFrom

In addition I actually need the plot function from adegenet, so I would need to rename it as well somehow.

Any hint how to solve this would be highly appreciated.

Regards, Bernd

Dr Bernd Gruber                                              )/_
                                                         _.--..---"-,--c_
Associate Professor                                 \|..'           ._O__)_
Tel: (02) 6206 3804                         ,=.    _.+   _ \..--( /
Fax: (02) 6201 2328                           \\.-''_.-' \ (     \_
Institute for Applied Ecology                  `'''       `\__   /\
Faculty of Science and Technology                          ')
University of Canberra   ACT 2601 AUSTRALIA
Email: bernd.gruber using canberra.edu.au
WWW: bernd-gruber

Australian Government Higher Education Provider Number CRICOS #00212K
NOTICE & DISCLAIMER: This email and any files transmitted with it may contain
confidential or copyright material and are for the attention of the addressee
only. If you have received this email in error please notify us by email
reply and delete it from your system. The University of Canberra accepts
no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.

[UC Logo]<http://www.canberra.edu.au>

[Number 1 in the ACT for graduate employment and starting salaries]

[UC Facebook]<https://www.facebook.com/UniversityOfCanberra>[UC Twitter]<https://twitter.com/UniCanberra>[UC Instagram]<https://www.instagram.com/unicanberra/>[UC Linkedin]<https://au.linkedin.com/school/university-of-canberra/>[UC Youtube]<https://www.youtube.com/user/uniofcanberra>    [University of Canberra] <http://www.canberra.edu.au>
Australian Government Higher Education Registered Provider (CRICOS) #00212K
The University of Canberra acknowledges the Ngunnawal people, traditional custodians of the lands where Bruce Campus is situated. We wish to acknowledge and respect their continuing culture and the contribution they make to the life of Canberra and the region. We also acknowledge all other First Nations Peoples on whose lands we gather.

NOTICE AND DISCLAIMER: This email and any files transmitted with it may contain confidential or copyright materials and are for the attention of the addressee only. If you have received this email in error please notify us by email reply and delete it from your system. The University of Canberra accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.