[R-pkg-devel] Use LAPACK, BLAS and CBLAS paths in configure file

Sameh M. Abdulah @@meh@@bdu|@h @end|ng |rom k@u@t@edu@@@
Tue Nov 5 11:16:52 CET 2019

My package requires LAPACK, LAPACKE, BLAS, and CBLAS, this why I think OpenBLAS should be available to support all these libraries.

--Sameh

On 11/5/19, 1:09 PM, "Ralf Stubner" <ralf.stubner using gmail.com> wrote:

    On Tue, Nov 5, 2019 at 10:12 AM Sameh M. Abdulah
    <sameh.abdulah using kaust.edu.sa> wrote:
    > 1- Use LAPACK, BLAS, and CBLAS paths in my configure file. What is the command to use or what are the environment variables to read?

    According to WRE [1] you should include "$(LAPACK_LIBS) $(BLAS_LIBS)
    $(FLIBS)" in PKG_LIBS via src/Makevars. You can access these values
    also via

    R CMD config LAPACK_LIBS

    etc. You cannot assume to have CBLAS installed.

    [1] https://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/R-exts.html#Using-Makevars

    > 2- Check if OpenBLAS is installed on the system or not. I tried to use pkg-config but it doesn't work with CRAN servers, any alternatives?

    You mean pkg-config does not work or does not find OpenBLAS? The
    latter would be hardly surprising, since the CRAN machines most likely
    use the (partial) reference BLAS/LAPACK that is included with R. Why
    should they have OpenBLAS installed as well?

    cheerio
    ralf