[R-pkg-devel] Use LAPACK, BLAS and CBLAS paths in configure file

Ralf Stubner r@||@@tubner @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Tue Nov 5 11:08:54 CET 2019

On Tue, Nov 5, 2019 at 10:12 AM Sameh M. Abdulah
<sameh.abdulah using kaust.edu.sa> wrote:
> 1- Use LAPACK, BLAS, and CBLAS paths in my configure file. What is the command to use or what are the environment variables to read?

According to WRE [1] you should include "$(LAPACK_LIBS) $(BLAS_LIBS)
$(FLIBS)" in PKG_LIBS via src/Makevars. You can access these values
also via

R CMD config LAPACK_LIBS

etc. You cannot assume to have CBLAS installed.

[1] https://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/R-exts.html#Using-Makevars

> 2- Check if OpenBLAS is installed on the system or not. I tried to use pkg-config but it doesn't work with CRAN servers, any alternatives?

You mean pkg-config does not work or does not find OpenBLAS? The
latter would be hardly surprising, since the CRAN machines most likely
use the (partial) reference BLAS/LAPACK that is included with R. Why
should they have OpenBLAS installed as well?

cheerio
ralf