[R-pkg-devel] invalid multibyte string on solaris?

Toby Hocking tdhock5 @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Thu Oct 31 00:58:54 CET 2019

Hi all, I am getting an "invalid multibyte string" error from one of my
examples when it is run on solaris, which results in check FAILURE:
https://www.r-project.org/nosvn/R.check/r-patched-solaris-x86/nc-00check.html

To fix this I guess I could just delete this example, but is there any
easy/known fix? I searched the r-devel and r-package-devel lists and I did
not find any relevant threads.

I also see that the same package on r-hub solaris is a check PASS:
https://builder.r-hub.io/status/nc_2019.10.19.tar.gz-8b46d2a02a6340bcb313eeec96e404f3

I was expecting that CRAN and r-hub solaris builds should report the same
results. What could be the difference? is this a bug in CRAN or in r-hub?