[R-pkg-devel] winbuilder fails for package depending on rJava

David Winsemius dw|n@em|u@ @end|ng |rom comc@@t@net
Wed Oct 30 22:26:11 CET 2019

On 10/30/19 3:46 AM, Duncan Murdoch wrote:
> On 29/10/2019 7:23 p.m., David Winsemius wrote:
>>
>> On 10/29/19 2:12 PM, Jeff Newmiller wrote:
>>> Once again, you can color me mystified. Are you reading logs not
>>> referred to in this email thread?
>>
>> Hi Jeff;
>>
>> I suppose am reading <something> else. I ran:
>>
>> maintainer("rJava")
>>

>> ... and the result was Simon Urbanek's name (which wasn't surprising to
>> me), and did not match the name of the OP.
>>
>> So I was (and am) puzzled that  Kevin was using win-builder on rJava.
>>

> I think you misread his post.  He was using win-builder on packages
> that depend on rJava.  It might have helped to post the error he was
> seeing...

I did indeed misread the abbreviation "rev dep" as "revision
dependencies" rather than "reverse dependencies". (So I thought he was
submitting revised versions of rJava.) He then sent me a link to the
original posting from a couple of weeks ago,  which had not been
threaded correctly on my mail client, so I had no context:

https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-package-devel/2019q4/004539.html

Apologies for the noise.

--

David