[R-pkg-devel] Can't submit uchardet package on CRAN

Артём Клевцов @@@@k|evt@ov @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Fri Oct 18 09:46:15 CEST 2019

Hi,

I faced problem to submit package uchardet.

This package requires external library (uchardet).   Configure script tries to find it with the pkg-config tool.

Install uchardet on various systems:
- debian: apt-get install libuchardet-dev
- fedora: dnf install uchardet-devel
- arch: pacman -S uchardet
- osx: brew install uchardet
- windows  (msys2): pacman -S mingw-w64-{i686,x86_64}-uchardet

Installation instructions proved in the README.md.

Also I am considering an option to build uchardet durin package installation, but it requires cmake tool.

Now package pass the R CMD check with rocket/r-ver:{latest,devel}.

CRAN auto check rejects package. What can I do to submit the package on CRAN?

----
Additional info
CRAN install log on Debian: https://win-builder.r-project.org/incoming_pretest/uchardet_0.1.0_20191018_091600/Debian/00install.out
Package source repo: https://gitlab.com/artemklevtsov/uchardet