[R-pkg-devel] License of pre-built vignettes

Sun Oct 27 02:16:10 CEST 2019

On 25 October 2019 at 22:45, Mark van der Loo wrote:
| Adding a static PDF vignette is very easy. I have written about it here:
| http://www.markvanderloo.eu/yaRb/2019/01/11/add-a-static-pdf-vignette-to-an-r-package/

And I am doing just that for more and more packages of mine.

It is "wrong" in the sense Mark also alluded elsewhere but also "right"
as it removes variability we sometimes cannot control (changes in
vignette-processing packages fundamentally unrelated to your package,
continued absence of e.g. latex style files on various build machines
such as different rhub flavours) and generally speeds up builds.

As with other things: a trade-off the package maintainer can decide.

Dirk