[R-pkg-devel] License of pre-built vignettes

Helmut Schütz he|mut@@chuetz @end|ng |rom beb@c@@t
Thu Oct 24 14:57:46 CEST 2019

Dear all, since we have many examples in our vignettes (rendering takes
about 7 minutes) we provide them in /inst/doc Another reason is to have
HTML5 instead of XHTML1.0 produced by pandoc (which contains deprecated
attributes). To prevent building we have BuildVignettes: no in the
DESCRIPTION Building the source, and installation from the local zip
works as intended (vignettes are listed by
browseVignettes(package="ourpackage"), linked in the main man-page, and
all internal links are fine. However, CHECK throws a WARNING FOSS
licence with BuildVignettes: false If I understand that correctly, it
means that license(s) could not retrieved. In the DESCRIPTION we have
License: GPL (>=2) Furthermore, all vignettes have a license section We
tried adding License_is_FOSS: yes and License_restricts_use: no to the
DESCRIPTION without success. Any ideas? Helmut

--
Ing. Helmut Schütz
BEBAC – Consultancy Services for