[R-pkg-devel] Appropriate usage of 'Suggests' -- package installed conditional on other software not found

Michael Dewey ||@t@ @end|ng |rom dewey@myzen@co@uk
Thu Oct 3 14:27:41 CEST 2019

Dear Charles

If your package prints a message to the user suggesting how to get a
Latex installation then I do not think you need to do anything else.
After all they could install Latex some other way if they pleased or try
to work out why the installation they thought they had is not working.

Michael

--
Michael
http://www.dewey.myzen.co.uk/home.html