[R-pkg-devel] Package or namespace load failed: undefined symbol

Ralf Stubner r@||@@tubner @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Fri Sep 27 13:05:58 CEST 2019

On Thu, Sep 26, 2019 at 3:41 PM Sameh M. Abdulah
<sameh.abdulah using kaust.edu.sa> wrote:

> I am installing my dependencies including OpenBLAS during  the package installation via the configure file.
> What is surprising me that even all dependencies are installed successfully. R cannot load one of the library
> that depends on LAPACKE. My method is to install all my dependencies inside the installation directory of my R package and
> set PKG_CONFIG_PATH to this path. Do I need to set any other paths so that R can see my new OpenBLAS which include LAPACKE?

With PKG_CONFIGURE _PATH you enable finding the right compiler flags
for compilation. However, this does not help you with the necessary
run time linking, since you seem to be building dynamic libraries. One
way forward might be:

* Build a static version of LAPACKE
* Build a static version of your dependency
* Build your package linking with your static libs and BLAS/LAPACK as
described in WRE.

cheerio
ralf