[R-pkg-devel] Package or namespace load failed: undefined symbol

Sameh M. Abdulah @@meh@@bdu|@h @end|ng |rom k@u@t@edu@@@
Wed Sep 25 15:34:48 CEST 2019

Dear   Ralf

My package depends on another C-based software that needs LAPACKE to compile. I do not know a lot about it. I think adding LAPACKE to my package will be a good solution.
Could you please give me more information of how to do this?

--Sameh

On 9/25/19, 2:00 PM, "Ralf Stubner" <ralf.stubner using gmail.com> wrote:

    On Wed, Sep 25, 2019 at 10:29 AM Sameh M. Abdulah
    <sameh.abdulah using kaust.edu.sa> wrote:
    > I am installing OpenBLAS because I need LAPACKE libraries which I cannot find on the current version of OpenBLAS on CRAN.
    >
    > I add the libraries directory in my package to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH. Is this enough for the system to use my OpenBLAS library?

    I seem to be missing some context here. I might be able to help you if
    provide a higher level description of what you are trying to achieve.
    For example, why do you need LAPACKE instead of the C interface to
    LAPACK provided by R_ext/Lapack.h? And if you really need LAPACKE, why
    not include only that in your package and link with the BLAS/LAPACK
    used by R?

    cheerio
    ralf