[R-pkg-devel] Package or namespace load failed: undefined symbol

Ralf Stubner r@||@@tubner @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed Sep 25 13:00:12 CEST 2019

On Wed, Sep 25, 2019 at 10:29 AM Sameh M. Abdulah
<sameh.abdulah using kaust.edu.sa> wrote:
> I am installing OpenBLAS because I need LAPACKE libraries which I cannot find on the current version of OpenBLAS on CRAN.
>
> I add the libraries directory in my package to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH. Is this enough for the system to use my OpenBLAS library?

I seem to be missing some context here. I might be able to help you if
provide a higher level description of what you are trying to achieve.
For example, why do you need LAPACKE instead of the C interface to
LAPACK provided by R_ext/Lapack.h? And if you really need LAPACKE, why
not include only that in your package and link with the BLAS/LAPACK
used by R?

cheerio
ralf