[R-pkg-devel] R, BLAS, and FCLEN

Göran Broström gor@n@bro@trom @end|ng |rom umu@@e
Wed Sep 11 13:36:40 CEST 2019

A followup question: Is it possible to call a BLAS/LAPACK subroutine,
where one parameter is character, from FORTRAN (77) code called by
.Fortran? (No problem "in the past".)

And if yes, how?  Documentation describes calls from C to Fortran and
vice versa, but not this situation (AFAICS).

Yes, I know that .Fortran is not well seen these days, but my fortran
code is ancient, from the before-R era, and I would like to leave it as-is.

G,