[R-pkg-devel] set pkg_config for 3rd party software

Fri Sep 6 16:00:51 CEST 2019

Martin,

On 6 September 2019 at 07:19, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:
| So can't you replace / update that package?  That's what I do over in the
| .deb world, and for Ubuntu it is particularly easy with PPAs.

And then there is of course this too:

  edd using rob:~$ pkg-config --modversion nlopt
  2.4.2
  edd using rob:~$ pkg-config --modversion quantlib
  1.16
  edd using rob:~$

so eg in QuantLib (which uses its own quantlib-config from going back to the
days before we had pkg-config) I test for minimally-viable versions, and only
if pkg-config reveals and insufficient version do I check explicit configure
options to supply a library dir and include dir.

Dirk