[R-pkg-devel] question about "checking for non-standard things in the check directory"

Uwe Ligges ||gge@ @end|ng |rom @t@t|@t|k@tu-dortmund@de
Tue Sep 3 14:04:57 CEST 2019

On 03.09.2019 10:52, Simon Penel wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to  submit a new release of the package seqinr.
>
> I am using the following:
>
> R CMD check --as-cran
>
> * using R Under development (unstable) (2019-09-01 r77119)
> * using platform: x86_64-pc-linux-gnu (64-bit)
>

> Everything worked fine except for  this message:
>
> * checking for non-standard things in the check directory ... NOTE
> Found the following files/directories:
>    ‘Acinetobacter_ADP1_uid61597.fasta’ ‘ec999.ffn’ ‘ortho3.fasta’
>    ‘test.revalign’
>
> I was unable to find some information about this message.
>
> I understand that these files are created  in the check directory when
> running the examples, but I don't understand what's the matter with this?

because you must not write to the user filespace in examples as detailed
in the CRAN policies. Please rather write to tempdir() in examples.

Best,
Uwe Ligges