[R-pkg-devel] help understanding two NOTES during the automatic package checking

Andy Stein @ndy@@te|n @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Tue Aug 6 14:28:24 CEST 2019

Hi,

I am submitting my first ever R package to CRAN!  It's almost ready, but I
have two notes below and I do not understand the best way to fix them and I
was looking to get some feedback if anyone had time to help.  I paste the
notes at the end of this email.

   1. The first note seems to be some problem with the description file.
   But I can't understand from the note what the problem even is, can you
help
   me?
   2. The second note at the end is about the existence of some files.
   These files are all created by the example code in the documentation.  I
   suppose I could just mark all these examples as "do not run" and this
will
   fix the note, but from a code development perspective, I thought it would
   be preferable to run these examples during package building as an
   additional test of the package.  Is there any other solution that is
   preferred?  Briefly, the functions creating these examples are functions
   who have the job of producing graphical or tabular output files.  If you
   want to dig into the details, the example code is in the functions
   xgx_annotate_status_png()
   <https://github.com/Novartis/xgxr/blob/master/R/xgx_annotate_status_png.R

and
   xgx_save_table()